Creations from man made objects discarded as refuse and reinterpreted to form objects found in nature are the inspirations for my art. The simple spoon forms the body of a rainbow trout; a discarded children's toy becomes the foundation for a moose; oil cans transform into armadillos. Building on that the reclaimed objects are then transformed from their mechanized human intentions into organic figures found in nature.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Busy September is Shaping Up!


I have new pieces completed just in time for viewing at several exhibitions I am participating in during the month September.
If you are out and about please stop by and check out my works at these incredible galleries across the area. I believe I have all directions covered.

First Stop - The Carlisle Arts Learning Center 

19 N. Hanover Street in Carlisle, PA.
I have the incredible opportunity to be one of two featured artists in September at CALC - "Images and Objects"
There will be an artist meet and greet/public reception Thursday Sept 6th from 6:30 - 8:00 in the evening in addition to the official show opening on Sept 7th (First Friday) and runs through the month of September.

Second Stop - The Perry County Council of the Arts 

One S. Second St. in Newport, PA.  
I am honored to be included in an Exhibition of Incredible Steam Punk creations by Erin Keck at the Perry County Council of the Arts in Newport, PA
The show opens August 29th and runs through October 13th

Third Stop - Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen's Center of American Craft

335 N. Queen Street, Lancaster, PA.
I have had work accepted into their Open Celebration Exhibition - "Home at Last"
which opens also on Sept 7th and runs through December 1st.

Finally if you are heading to Philadelphia my work can be viewed at the Snyderman-Works Gallery located at 303 Cherry Street, Philadephia, PA.





No comments:

Post a Comment